Charlotte Martin Forum Index Charlotte Martin
Charlotte Martin Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Music Murmur - Album Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Official Water Breaks Stone News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lisa*Marie
Management

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Music Murmur - Album Review Reply with quote

Quote:
There's a thread of urgency that runs through all of Water Breaks Stone, and you get the sense it's critical for Charlotte Martin to voice the gamut of emotions that complete the album but never contradict or cancel each other out - acknowledging the bad doesn't invalidate the good, which is something I've always found so valuable about Martin's music and is front and center in a brand new way on the album, which largely focuses on the ups and downs of Martin's relationship and marriage to fellow musician Ken Andrews. Not all artists would be willing to put themselves out there in such a vulnerable and forthcoming way as Martin does here but with that level of honesty comes catharsis which only makes the best relationships even stronger, and since the state of Martin and Andrews' union remains in good standing, it's safe to say they're in it for the long haul!

Read the completed review.
somethinglikeajoey12

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a strongly written review, tackling every song! I feel as though Kaleigh's review can be read as a companion piece to listening to WBS. Anyone agree?
Kaleigh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joey, you are making me blush!!! Embarassed Sometimes you spend so much time writing that by the end there's no way you can view it objectively so I was just hoping it was comprehensible by the point I published it, and all the compliments and support from the Charlotte fanbase are blowing me away. There's only so much interpretation I could do without being in Charlotte's head, so as long as I'm not wildly off base with my perceived meanings, I'm happy! Anyone considering it a companion piece to the album is such a high honor to me - all I wanted to do was pay such a great album the accolades it deserves.
clinke

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I thought this article was a good companion piece to the album. My own personal interpretations of some of the songs weren't too far off from yours, actually. Smile

Yay, let the reviews start rolling in! Wonder if there are any other reviews of the album out there. Smile
Kaleigh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Clinke! It's always fun to be on the same page as other Char fans. Laughing I hope more reviews start rolling in too, because it was one of my favorite things to read everyone's opinions and interpretations of Dancing on Needles back when it came out.
Anticubital

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Great! Reply with quote

Fantastic, comprehensive review. Thanks!
MusicLover

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say this is the truly the first 100% flawless CharMar album. Dancing on Needles came close(Complications a dud, a couple of other weak songs). This time every song feels like a polished diamond. True perfection.
Anticubital

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: When The Sun Finds Me Reply with quote

This song needs to be on a soundtrack for a movie...maybe a future movie by Peter Jackson.. the song would be a great fit.
Kaleigh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Great! Reply with quote

Anticubital wrote:
Fantastic, comprehensive review. Thanks!

Thank YOU, Randy and Heidi! Heart
MusicLover

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have shed manly tears from listening to these songs.
SkekTek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MusicLover wrote:
I have to say this is the truly the first 100% flawless CharMar album. Dancing on Needles came close(Complications a dud, a couple of other weak songs). This time every song feels like a polished diamond. True perfection.

It's a flawless album, that's no doubt. Though I don't think it's the first... Test-Drive Songs is 8 tracks of EPIC.

This week's favorite song on the album is "12 Years." It just builds and builds and builds and builds and... BOOM!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Official Water Breaks Stone News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: