Charlotte Martin Forum Index Charlotte Martin
Charlotte Martin Message Board
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

January 2011 - Dancing on Needles Shows...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Charlotte Martin Live
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
loveburns



Joined: 23 Aug 2003
Posts: 1570

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: January 2011 - Dancing on Needles Shows... Reply with quote

Hey Guys - It seems about that time again...char is rehearsing and getting the sets together for upcoming shows.

So let me ask you - what do YOU want to hear?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wiresandwood



Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 40

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Empty Wells and Used Parts are two that come to mind - two of my absolute favourites! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
veritaserum



Joined: 04 Jun 2004
Posts: 786
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killing kiss

KILLING KISS

KILLING KISS!!!!!

at the LA show Wink seriously, i would probably die on the spot.
_________________
"music is the only religion that delivers the goods." -frank zappa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jessie



Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 354
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For LA...

Killing Kiss would be awesome!
Chasing A Shadow
Silverhoney
Lost in Space
Drip
Veins


and a Tori cover pretty please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Anticubital



Joined: 05 Nov 2005
Posts: 2016
Location: Iowa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Chicago Reply with quote

Maybe Char will perform "Song To The Siren" in Chicago.. That would so cool! The song has such a great history and Char has covered it so well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bryan



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 177
Location: France

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Dancing On Needles Tour Reply with quote

Although I can't come, let me give my opinion...

Darkest Hour
Veins
Beautiful Life (the song that does me know Charlotte!)
Killing Kiss, oh yes!

And some covers.... Let Go by Imogen Heap for example. Char know this song. Or another by Imogen...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
littlebeast



Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Posts: 24
Location: Chicago, IL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Chicago, I would be absolutely over the moon to hear any of the following:

Killing Kiss
Veins
The Dance
Steel
Silver Honey
Drip
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adammlee23



Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 59
Location: Minneapolis MN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beauty queen wrote:
killing kiss

KILLING KISS

KILLING KISS!!!!!

at the LA show Wink seriously, i would probably die on the spot.


100% agree!
I had never even heard of this song until the rarities CD and every time it comes on my IPOD this song gets cranked up full volume. I can't even tell you why I love this song sooo much...it just makes me emotionally bouncy.
I have always loved the covers mash-up of District Sleeps Alone Tonight/ Cloudbusting and would love to hear a full version of Char covering the Postal Service's District Sleeps Alone Tonight.

As far as other songs I would love to hear....can I just say ALL OF THEM!!!
_________________
"I get medieval on boy bands" ~ Char Mar
"I'm so evil and skanky...and I think I'm kinda gay" ~ Willow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
leirali



Joined: 01 Sep 2004
Posts: 830
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to hear "Stromata" at Joe's Pub. As excited as I am to hear the new stuff, I will always welcome "Stromata." Especially because the acoustic version is so divine. <3
_________________
correct pronunciation: leer-uh-lee

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
loveburns



Joined: 23 Aug 2003
Posts: 1570

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i concur!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blake



Joined: 07 Dec 2010
Posts: 3
Location: USA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really would love to hear The Dance in Chicago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
adammlee23



Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 59
Location: Minneapolis MN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leirali wrote:
I would like to hear "Stromata" at Joe's Pub. As excited as I am to hear the new stuff, I will always welcome "Stromata." Especially because the acoustic version is so divine. <3


Oh yes definitely!!! I was at both of the Joe's Pub NY shows aroound the Orphan's release (I think thats right...I suck at remembering dates) and hearing the accoustic version of Stromata was a highligt of the show for me (right next to the happy birthday song to Jules Wink).
Its the 'dirty river' repeat...can't get enough of it! LOVE IT!
_________________
"I get medieval on boy bands" ~ Char Mar
"I'm so evil and skanky...and I think I'm kinda gay" ~ Willow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ruthie



Joined: 07 Jan 2011
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannot wait for the NYC shows to see everyone and give hugs and listen to Char.

I would love Redeemed and/or Apology.

xoxoxo Ruthie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
leirali



Joined: 01 Sep 2004
Posts: 830
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adammlee23 wrote:
leirali wrote:
I would like to hear "Stromata" at Joe's Pub. As excited as I am to hear the new stuff, I will always welcome "Stromata." Especially because the acoustic version is so divine. <3


Oh yes definitely!!! I was at both of the Joe's Pub NY shows aroound the Orphan's release (I think thats right...I suck at remembering dates) and hearing the accoustic version of Stromata was a highligt of the show for me (right next to the happy birthday song to Jules Wink).
Its the 'dirty river' repeat...can't get enough of it! LOVE IT!


It was a highlight for me too. In my iPod, I call the Joe's Pub recording of it the "Stromata (Dirty River Version)". Smile
_________________
correct pronunciation: leer-uh-lee

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
veritaserum



Joined: 04 Jun 2004
Posts: 786
Location: California

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leirali wrote:
It was a highlight for me too. In my iPod, I call the Joe's Pub recording of it the "Stromata (Dirty River Version)". Smile


it would be awesome if she did a studio version/outtake of the dirty river version. like she did with four walls funeral version ... Cool one can dream
_________________
"music is the only religion that delivers the goods." -frank zappa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jules101
Street/E-team Coordinator


Joined: 02 Oct 2003
Posts: 2383
Location: "New York Cares"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will attempt to do live set list tweets from all the shows! follow @darkestlimits on twitter for live char show tweeting. leirali, beauty queen, or someone...would anyone like to maybe start a show topic here and post the setlist as tweeted?? this could be a fun...or...messy. haha.

p.s. i will try to be as inconspicuous as possible. promise!
_________________
...jules...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
leirali



Joined: 01 Sep 2004
Posts: 830
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jules101 wrote:
i will attempt to do live set list tweets from all the shows! follow @darkestlimits on twitter for live char show tweeting. leirali, beauty queen, or someone...would anyone like to maybe start a show topic here and post the setlist as tweeted?? this could be a fun...or...messy. haha.

p.s. i will try to be as inconspicuous as possible. promise!


I'll be happy to update the board as you tweet the set! I'll start a thread for it so I'll be able to edit it as needed.
_________________
correct pronunciation: leer-uh-lee

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jules101
Street/E-team Coordinator


Joined: 02 Oct 2003
Posts: 2383
Location: "New York Cares"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leirali wrote:
jules101 wrote:
i will attempt to do live set list tweets from all the shows! follow @darkestlimits on twitter for live char show tweeting. leirali, beauty queen, or someone...would anyone like to maybe start a show topic here and post the setlist as tweeted?? this could be a fun...or...messy. haha.

p.s. i will try to be as inconspicuous as possible. promise!


I'll be happy to update the board as you tweet the set! I'll start a thread for it so I'll be able to edit it as needed.


YAY! thanks so much...and what a beautiful thread you have up. Wink love it. i will do my best. if i happen to post any pics via phone, feel free to size it down and post those if you'd like. i will have my real camera though but for immediate ones, yah feel free. Smile
_________________
...jules...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
leirali



Joined: 01 Sep 2004
Posts: 830
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jules101 wrote:
leirali wrote:
jules101 wrote:
i will attempt to do live set list tweets from all the shows! follow @darkestlimits on twitter for live char show tweeting. leirali, beauty queen, or someone...would anyone like to maybe start a show topic here and post the setlist as tweeted?? this could be a fun...or...messy. haha.

p.s. i will try to be as inconspicuous as possible. promise!


I'll be happy to update the board as you tweet the set! I'll start a thread for it so I'll be able to edit it as needed.


YAY! thanks so much...and what a beautiful thread you have up. Wink love it. i will do my best. if i happen to post any pics via phone, feel free to size it down and post those if you'd like. i will have my real camera though but for immediate ones, yah feel free. Smile


TwitPic has a really easy way to share thumbnails on other sites, so as long as you tweet them to TwitPic it should be a snap. Smile Yay! I am excited about my sacred duty!
_________________
correct pronunciation: leer-uh-lee

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jules101
Street/E-team Coordinator


Joined: 02 Oct 2003
Posts: 2383
Location: "New York Cares"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leirali wrote:
jules101 wrote:
leirali wrote:
jules101 wrote:
i will attempt to do live set list tweets from all the shows! follow @darkestlimits on twitter for live char show tweeting. leirali, beauty queen, or someone...would anyone like to maybe start a show topic here and post the setlist as tweeted?? this could be a fun...or...messy. haha.

p.s. i will try to be as inconspicuous as possible. promise!


I'll be happy to update the board as you tweet the set! I'll start a thread for it so I'll be able to edit it as needed.


YAY! thanks so much...and what a beautiful thread you have up. Wink love it. i will do my best. if i happen to post any pics via phone, feel free to size it down and post those if you'd like. i will have my real camera though but for immediate ones, yah feel free. Smile


TwitPic has a really easy way to share thumbnails on other sites, so as long as you tweet them to TwitPic it should be a snap. Smile Yay! I am excited about my sacred duty!


totally your great idea, im just going to carry it out for you. Wink
_________________
...jules...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
leirali



Joined: 01 Sep 2004
Posts: 830
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jules101 wrote:
totally your great idea, im just going to carry it out for you. Wink


Yes, you have a sacred duty as well!

I'll also be able to do updates for LA, but someone else will have to step up and do the NYC shows. Smile
_________________
correct pronunciation: leer-uh-lee

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jon



Joined: 23 Jul 2003
Posts: 894
Location: CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littlebeast wrote:
For Chicago, I would be absolutely over the moon to hear any of the following:

Killing Kiss
Veins
The Dance
Steel
Silver Honey
Drip


This would work. Cut Veins or Steel and toss in Lightblinde
_________________
My Recordings Page: www.crazy-easy.net
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lisa*Marie
Management


Joined: 09 Aug 2003
Posts: 3097
Location: United States

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Snowflake or Starlight.... Orange Wink

Since I am at it, please remember, there is no opening act at Charlotte's show tonight in Chicago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
elainetangerine



Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Posts: 8
Location: Georgia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so excited to be flying in from Georgia for the LA show, so I'll just be happy to be able to be there to hear Char! That said, I'd especially love to hear any of the following:

-Lost in Space
-Last Day on Earth
-No Words
-Habit
-Darkest Hour
-Up All Night
-The Dance

I also loved her covers of "In Your Eyes" and especially "The Nurse Who Loved Me" (which was, if you can believe it, the song that my husband & I used as our "first dance" at our wedding in 2009 - the Failure original version, of course).

Smile
_________________
Shows Attended:
6.13.05 - Atlanta,GA
11.9.05 - Atlanta, GA
3.20.06 - Atlanta, GA
9.28.07 - Atlanta, GA
1.29.11 - Los Angeles, CA

http://violingirl29.livejournal.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lena



Joined: 10 Jan 2004
Posts: 984
Location: Austin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elainetangerine wrote:
I also loved her covers of "In Your Eyes" and especially "The Nurse Who Loved Me" (which was, if you can believe it, the song that my husband & I used as our "first dance" at our wedding in 2009 - the Failure original version, of course).

"In Your Eyes" into "Pictures of You" from the January 19, 2004 show is my favorite recording of any of her covers!
_________________
www.lena-s.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Charlotte Martin Live All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group