Charlotte Martin Forum Index Charlotte Martin
Charlotte Martin Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Album Chronicles Year-Long Battle with Nerve Disorder
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Official Dancing on Needles News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CMWeb
Management

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: New Album Chronicles Year-Long Battle with Nerve Disorder Reply with quote

Critically acclaimed singer-songwriter CHARLOTTE MARTIN has announced a February 1st release for highly anticipated new album DANCING ON NEEDLES.

Click here to read more!
veritaserum

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the nerve disorder sounds so terrible. i wonder if it's related to that rib injury she had, or if that was a misdiagnosis she mentioned? crazy stuff ... i'm glad she's doing better.
Jessie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, sounds so horrible. Espeically the part about not being able to hold or nurse Ronen. That would be torture. I can't even imagine.

Now the title makes alot of sense.

Cannot wait to have the album in my hand and hear the whole thing!
MusicLover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god I hate nerve issues. I have had an ongoing nerve problem in my foot for 7 months now. It's better now then it was, but it really hits home that one is always getting OLDER... Sad Sad
jules101
Street/E-team Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the nerve disorder sounds HORRIBLE. i cant even imagine. i get whiny at pinched nerve...imagine not being able to figure out what's wrong, getting misdiagnosed (i think we heard costocondritis?), put on wrong meds (i hate doctors)...'dancing on needles' sounds like a really symbolic, metaphoric way of describing what happened to her...and once again, char mar takes pain and darkness and turns it into light and amazing music.

i cannot wait to hear what she has in store for us...by that 'dancing on needles' clip alone, it's going to be exciting and new (i know that's a love boat quote).

Cool
Bryan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: New Album Chronicles Year-Long Battle with Nerve Disorder Reply with quote

If you're on this message board, there is an very interesting conversation about Charlotte shows and Dancing On Needles!

Also, a member posted a very interesting video wich is as the Charlotte song "Dancing On Needled"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1vtr9fXdg8&feature=player_embedded#at=103

Last edited by Bryan on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
jules101

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jessica, beauty queen...it'll be wonderful to support charlotte at these upcoming show(s). i hope people realize that the music that comes from charlotte is her unique experience. and a painful one at that this go around.

i know we got to hear some of the new songs on the last tour (acoustic style)...im really looking forward to maybe hearing 'truth cerium' and 'starlight' which is mentioned in the release. no idea what those could sound like! exciting. Cool
jules101

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think there are also interesting conversations about charlotte shows here and here in general. i hope those folks will come join the official discussion here. Smile

i noticed, however, that no one really responded to the comparison of bass lines. i said it before and i'll say it again, a bass line does not a song make. i love bat for lashes as well. but honestly? this is a charlotte martin board, we've have a similar (brief) discussion on the bass line here, n'est-ce pas? while the bass lines start out similar? different songs completely. to focus on a bass line, i think, is a disservice to both artists and their music. i actually don't think natasha khan has the patent on that bass line. lol in fact, im sure if we go exploring music, we can find that maybe *she* used that bass line from someone else! see how we can go 'round n 'round in circles? if that's what you want to do, go for it in this existing thread.

i'd rather focus on charlotte and her new music. which is coming out soon. and celebrate it with the fans that love her here...i hope you'll join me! Cool

can't wait to hear what 'starlight' and 'truth cerium' sound like!

viva la charlotte martin! Clap
Bryan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: New Album Chronicles Year-Long Battle with Nerve Disorder Reply with quote

jules101 wrote:
i think there are also interesting conversations about charlotte shows here and here in general. i hope those folks will come join the official discussion here. Smile

i noticed, however, that no one really responded to the comparison of bass lines. i said it before and i'll say it again, a bass line does not a song make. i love bat for lashes as well. but honestly? this is a charlotte martin board, we've have a similar (brief) discussion on the bass line here, n'est-ce pas? while the bass lines start out similar? different songs completely. to focus on a bass line, i think, is a disservice to both artists and their music. i actually don't think natasha khan has the patent on that bass line. lol in fact, im sure if we go exploring music, we can find that maybe *she* used that bass line from someone else! see how we can go 'round n 'round in circles? if that's what you want to do, go for it in this existing thread.

i'd rather focus on charlotte and her new music. which is coming out soon. and celebrate it with the fans that love her here...i hope you'll join me! Cool

can't wait to hear what 'starlight' and 'truth cerium' sound like!

viva la charlotte martin! Clap

Stay cool, Jules!

I think his forum is too much exposed to the censorship and there is no obligation to join absolutely the official forum to be able to speak about Charlotte freely somewhere else. If Charlotte is not more known somewhere else, it's because she does not enough make speak about her somewhere else. To promote an artist, it is to speak about it to the others, everywhere, as much as possible and you know it. Alors, où est le problème?

Of course, is needed a basic line. Kesha's Tick-Tock and Katy Perry's California Gurls song are very resembling, it does not prevent from being of good songs.

I hope that one day, Charlotte will be best known in Europe.

Smile
Peter Newturkey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this album be on Dinosaur Fight? Or a different label? Just wondering.
veritaserum

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Newturkey wrote:

ooh yes, i was wondering that too the other day. wasn't she signed to/affiliated with dangerbird for a short time? about a year and a half ago?
CMWeb
Management

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Test-Drive Records Reply with quote

beauty queen wrote:
Peter Newturkey wrote:

ooh yes, i was wondering that too the other day. wasn't she signed to/affiliated with dangerbird for a short time? about a year and a half ago?

Dancing on Needles will be released on Test-Drive Records.
Bryan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Questions sur les labels. Reply with quote

CMWeb wrote:
beauty queen wrote:
Peter Newturkey wrote:

Test-Drive Records, is it charlotte's own label?

That have become the other labels, Dinausor Fight Records AND Echo Field Recording?

And what about the DangerBird Records?

Just curious, for all clarify! Smile
sarah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions sur les labels. Reply with quote

Bryan wrote:
CMWeb wrote:
beauty queen wrote:
Peter Newturkey wrote:

That have become the other labels, Dinausor Fight Records AND Echo Field Recording?

Just curious, for all clarify! Smile

Her contact page (http://www.charlottemartin.com/contact.php) does not make any indication of any label, just a generic management and press contact.
Bryan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Page contact. Reply with quote

sarah wrote:

Her contact page (http://www.charlottemartin.com/contact.php) does not make any indication of any label, just a generic management and press contact.

Yes! There was two email before the update page. Test-Drive Records was never mentioned.

And yes it's a generic Management. Who is the Charlotte Management? There is the nice Lisa, and Jules I think.
Jessie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jules101 wrote:
jessica, beauty queen...it'll be wonderful to support charlotte at these upcoming show(s).

I've got my tickets! Smile
sarah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Page contact. Reply with quote

Bryan wrote:
sarah wrote:

Yes! There was two email before the update page. Test-Drive Records was never mentioned.

And yes it's a generic Management. Who is the Charlotte Management? There is the nice Lisa, and Jules I think.

Oh fantastic! Maybe since Jules is management she can help us all with photos?
jules101

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jessie wrote:
jules101 wrote:
jessica, beauty queen...it'll be wonderful to support charlotte at these upcoming show(s).

I've got my tickets! Smile

yay!! cannot wait for these shows. it'll be nice to officially meet you! Smile
Bryan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Maisons de disque et l'équipe officielle de CM. Reply with quote

It would be nice to have an answer to my little questions...

Bryan wrote:

Thanks to you the team! Very Happy
loveburns

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Maisons de disque et l'équipe officielle de CM. Reply with quote

Bryan. I can tell you what I know in an unofficial capacity okay? Test-Drive Records is Charlottes label - always has been. I believe thats what Test-Drive songs and Darkest Hour and Veins are on. I don't have them in front of me, I could be wrong. DFR and Echo Field are not involved with this release. Charlotte is no longer working with DangerBird records/Management.

As far as exclusive photos - Jules is using a press photo. I did the majority of photography for this release, however I am unable to give out any additional photos at this time, as nothing has even launched yet and everything is still fresh.

Does that help?

Last edited by loveburns on Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lisa*Marie
Management

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Labels Reply with quote

Thanks, Erin!

Bryan, this should help as well:

2001 | One Girl Army | Full Length CD | RCA Records/Bong Load Records | Unreleased
2002 | Test-Drive Songs | EP | Test-Drive Records | Out of print
2003 | In Parentheses | EP | RCA Records | Out of print
2004 | On Your Shore | Full Length CD | RCA Records
2005 | Darkest Hour | EP | Test-Drive Records | Tour exclusive
2005 | Veins | EP | Test-Drive Records
2006 | Something Like a DVD (Limited Edition) | DVD | One Girl Army, Inc. | Out of print
2006 | Stromata | Full Length CD | Dinosaur Fight Records
2007 | Something Like a DVD | DVD | Dinosaur Fight Records
2007 | Reproductions | Full Length CD | Echo Field Recordings
2008 | Orphans | EP | Test-Drive Records
2009 | Piano Trees | Full Length CD | Test-Drive Records
2011 | Dancing on Needles | Full Length CD | Test-Drive Records | Available February 1, 2011

Charlotte was signed to Dangerbird Management for a short time, but never Dangerbird Records.
MusicLover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZOMG, am I the only one spazzing out while waiting for the new album? I just can't wait any longer HELP!!!!!!
loveburns

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its good musiclover :] you'll like it. two songs in particular i listen to quite often! cant wait for all to hear.
Bryan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: ! Reply with quote

Thank you erin for the intervene.

I know what album is produced by any label. I just wanted to know what had become of the other labels that are no longer talking about them today, as Dinosaur Fight Records.

So Lisa, you work with Charlotte again? Who are other team members and management, with you and Jules? Happy to see you, again.

It is very unfortunate that you do not give more importance to those who want to help publicize Charlotte in another countries.
loveburns

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: ! Reply with quote

I believe DFR is not putting out any other albums at this time.
The contact information on Charlottes website is the most up to date info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Official Dancing on Needles News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: