Charlotte Martin Forum Index Charlotte Martin
Charlotte Martin Message Board
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Charlotte at The Bootleg Theater - LA, CA
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Charlotte Martin Live
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bryan



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 177
Location: France

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Charlotte at The Bootleg Theater - LA, CA Reply with quote

Dancing on Needles Tour 2011
This Show at Los Angeles in The Bootleg Theatre was the Dancing on Needles Release Show.

- - - - - - - - - -

Setlist:

Intro
Dancing On Needles
Cut The Cord
Volcano
Truth Cerium | Video
Under The Gravel Skies
Starlight | Video
Animal
Tremble
Everytime It Rains/Hyperballad* | Video
I'm Normal, Please Date Me
Stromata | Video
Warrior | Video
The Dance | Video

* Bjork cover, partial song

All songs are available for immediate download here:
http://www.archive.org/details/cmartin2011-01-29.mk4.flac16

- - - - - - - - - -
Photos:

By Erin Russell:






By Jessica:




More: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessicadepaiva/sets/72157625943124358/

By Jules:




By Bigmike:






The Bootleg Theatre from outside:

By John Smart (from The Bootleg Theatre)





- - - - - - - - - -

Please PM me to help me to update this post or post here. Smile


Last edited by Bryan on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:20 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
veritaserum



Joined: 04 Jun 2004
Posts: 786
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinda surprised, yet pleased, that it's not the hotel cafe. i've been to the bootleg twice and it's a very small, intimate venue. it's slightly shabby, but a good vibe and good sound. no tables. no food. bottled/canned beer and cheap wine are your drink choices. Laughing

SO EXCITED!
_________________
"music is the only religion that delivers the goods." -frank zappa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
veritaserum



Joined: 04 Jun 2004
Posts: 786
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, soooo much spacing between dates. wonder if there is any chance she'll add more shows?
_________________
"music is the only religion that delivers the goods." -frank zappa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jules101
Street/E-team Coordinator


Joined: 02 Oct 2003
Posts: 2383
Location: "New York Cares"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beauty queen wrote:
kinda surprised, yet pleased, that it's not the hotel cafe. i've been to the bootleg twice and it's a very small, intimate venue. it's slightly shabby, but a good vibe and good sound. no tables. no food. bottled/canned beer and cheap wine are your drink choices. Laughing

SO EXCITED!


how are the views at this Bootleg Theater? is the stage big or elevated? im thinking of going...worst comes to worst i'll be in LA for less than 24 hours to see this. lol love my char mar music. haha!
_________________
...jules...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jessie



Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 354
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there! And will be bringing my sisters along!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
veritaserum



Joined: 04 Jun 2004
Posts: 786
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jules101 wrote:
how are the views at this Bootleg Theater? is the stage big or elevated? im thinking of going...worst comes to worst i'll be in LA for less than 24 hours to see this. lol love my char mar music. haha!


it's slightly elevated ... higher than at the hotel cafe i believe. small stage but i've seen it crammed w/7 people and all their instruments, so it's not THAT small, esp for char and whoever else is w/her (fern?). it's a small room so there isn't really a bad view unless you have a very tall person in front of you. the stage isn't angled or anything like at the hotel and there aren't any huge columns that could possibly distract your view ... lol.
_________________
"music is the only religion that delivers the goods." -frank zappa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lisa*Marie
Management


Joined: 09 Aug 2003
Posts: 3097
Location: United States

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Tickets Reply with quote

Tickets are now on sale! Bounce

Los Angeles
1/29/2011 @ 10:15 PM - Los Angeles, CA - The Bootleg Theatre
Buy Tickets - http://thefold.inticketing.com/event2.php?eventid=135527
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
veritaserum



Joined: 04 Jun 2004
Posts: 786
Location: California

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay! 1015 showtime seems kinda late for her, i'm assuming there's another show before her considering doors aren't til 10?
_________________
"music is the only religion that delivers the goods." -frank zappa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lisa*Marie
Management


Joined: 09 Aug 2003
Posts: 3097
Location: United States

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

beauty queen wrote:
yay! 1015 showtime seems kinda late for her, i'm assuming there's another show before her considering doors aren't til 10?


I believe there is a play that night beginning around 7.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jules101
Street/E-team Coordinator


Joined: 02 Oct 2003
Posts: 2383
Location: "New York Cares"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beauty queen wrote:
jules101 wrote:
how are the views at this Bootleg Theater? is the stage big or elevated? im thinking of going...worst comes to worst i'll be in LA for less than 24 hours to see this. lol love my char mar music. haha!


it's slightly elevated ... higher than at the hotel cafe i believe. small stage but i've seen it crammed w/7 people and all their instruments, so it's not THAT small, esp for char and whoever else is w/her (fern?). it's a small room so there isn't really a bad view unless you have a very tall person in front of you. the stage isn't angled or anything like at the hotel and there aren't any huge columns that could possibly distract your view ... lol.


that sounds good to me! thanks for the run down...im actually very excited to see char at a new place in LA...im of course assuming i get to go. must wait on asking for vacay. ideally would like to be there more than 12 hours. Smile
_________________
...jules...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
veritaserum



Joined: 04 Jun 2004
Posts: 786
Location: California

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: . Reply with quote

Lisa*Marie wrote:
beauty queen wrote:
yay! 1015 showtime seems kinda late for her, i'm assuming there's another show before her considering doors aren't til 10?


I believe there is a play that night beginning around 7.


ah, i see i see. was hoping she'd be playing her usual earlier time like 7 or 8 because there's another show the same night i wanted to go to after ... now i have the dilemma of deciding where to be that night! i'm sure charmar will win out though Laughing
_________________
"music is the only religion that delivers the goods." -frank zappa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sarah



Joined: 18 Sep 2009
Posts: 46
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad there is no Denver date so far, but maybe she will add one. If not I may be able to make it to LA if snow isn't an issue. I would like to. Either that or someone record record record!
_________________
It is What It Is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Briel79



Joined: 27 Mar 2004
Posts: 892
Location: West Hollywood!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: . Reply with quote

beauty queen wrote:
Lisa*Marie wrote:
beauty queen wrote:
yay! 1015 showtime seems kinda late for her, i'm assuming there's another show before her considering doors aren't til 10?


I believe there is a play that night beginning around 7.


ah, i see i see. was hoping she'd be playing her usual earlier time like 7 or 8 because there's another show the same night i wanted to go to after ... now i have the dilemma of deciding where to be that night! i'm sure charmar will win out though Laughing


Oh come on! You know you want to see Char the most! Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
veritaserum



Joined: 04 Jun 2004
Posts: 786
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, undoubtedly! but literally all of my friends will be going to this other show, and it's gonna be a huge party, soooo i'm having a bit of a struggle haha. but i'll be at char. yes.
_________________
"music is the only religion that delivers the goods." -frank zappa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
loveburns



Joined: 23 Aug 2003
Posts: 1570

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beauty queen wrote:
oh, undoubtedly! but literally all of my friends will be going to this other show, and it's gonna be a huge party, soooo i'm having a bit of a struggle haha. but i'll be at char. yes.


I highly suggest seeing LA :]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
veritaserum



Joined: 04 Jun 2004
Posts: 786
Location: California

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooh... intriguing. i'll be there for sure!
_________________
"music is the only religion that delivers the goods." -frank zappa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jules101
Street/E-team Coordinator


Joined: 02 Oct 2003
Posts: 2383
Location: "New York Cares"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, im just gonna come right out and ask...

what's happening in LA!?! Very Happy

also, i hereby suggest a get together after the show!
_________________
...jules...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jules101
Street/E-team Coordinator


Joined: 02 Oct 2003
Posts: 2383
Location: "New York Cares"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, im gonna guess from the new blog by char that the LA show is special because it has been dubbed the official cd release show! yay! exciting!! Cool
_________________
...jules...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
veritaserum



Joined: 04 Jun 2004
Posts: 786
Location: California

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cd release show! hurrah! i figured that might be the case. doubly excited now.
_________________
"music is the only religion that delivers the goods." -frank zappa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adammlee23



Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 59
Location: Minneapolis MN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God I can't wait! I bought my tickets to the show last week and soooo excited now!!!
_________________
"I get medieval on boy bands" ~ Char Mar
"I'm so evil and skanky...and I think I'm kinda gay" ~ Willow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
adammlee23



Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 59
Location: Minneapolis MN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a play or another concert prior to the Char Mar show? Its going to be a late starter....I might need a redbull (or at least a nap prior) Wink!

Any CharMar fans going to get together prior / after the show? What time is a good time to be lined up at the door?
_________________
"I get medieval on boy bands" ~ Char Mar
"I'm so evil and skanky...and I think I'm kinda gay" ~ Willow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
loveburns



Joined: 23 Aug 2003
Posts: 1570

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is a play beginning at 7pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jon



Joined: 23 Jul 2003
Posts: 894
Location: CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adammlee23 wrote:
Is there a play or another concert prior to the Char Mar show? Its going to be a late starter....I might need a redbull (or at least a nap prior) Wink!

Any CharMar fans going to get together prior / after the show? What time is a good time to be lined up at the door?

Considering the place only holds approximately 200 people to begin with and will probably be at about 40-60% capacity it really doesn't matter....
_________________
My Recordings Page: www.crazy-easy.net
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
veritaserum



Joined: 04 Jun 2004
Posts: 786
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are doors at 10pm or is she going on at 10pm sharp?

i'm going to try make a show at the wiltern beforehand and squirrel my way over to the bootleg at around 9:45. thankfully it's not too far away. Razz
_________________
"music is the only religion that delivers the goods." -frank zappa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
loveburns



Joined: 23 Aug 2003
Posts: 1570

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doors at 9

there is an opening act
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Charlotte Martin Live All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group