Charlotte Martin Forum Index Charlotte Martin
Charlotte Martin Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setlist/Reviews/Photos - 10/3/09 - NYC!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Charlotte Martin Live
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leirali

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Setlist/Reviews/Photos - 10/3/09 - NYC! Reply with quote

Cut the Cord
Parade On -> Galaxies
Four Walls
Everytime it Rains/It Is Well
Sluts & Bitches
Sweet Things -> Steel
Obstacle 1
Under The Gravel Skies
The Stalker Song
Monster
Stromata
Tremble
The Dance

encore:
Redeemed

Review, photos and videos soon to come!

jules101
Street/E-team Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh. thanks so much for posting the setlist, leirali. Very Happy

it was a really good show at the Highline Ballroom. a different venue than her usual haunts in NYC, the highline was beautiful, great lighting and sound...very big. but the room was very from the looks of it. charlotte did a great job with all that space. the venue was an interesting one...

but. it was so wonderful to see everyone! i mean it felt like everyone that i ever shared a char show with on the east coast was there. it was great. and very busy! thanks for taking the time to chat at the merch area...and for the hellos after the show. i wish there were more time (as the highline were setting up for a show after char's). im sorry we didnt get to say goodbye since highline was moving folks along.

some definite highlights for me were the mash ups she did! parade on into galaxies sounded great...sweet things into steel? awesome. i almost wish she did the whole sweet things! so good. loved gravel skies...and sluts and bitches live put a smile on the crowd's face i think. as did the dance.

charlotte did great. and now the tour is over. im so glad i was able to attend the shows. (i will have pics, video, maybe recordings to share after i sort through it all).

the mad fast acoustic tour certainly lived up to its name. and it was some of the best shows ive seen char do.

thanks to everyone i spoke to on this tour. all friends to me. and to charlotte, ken, lisa and ronen for coming out this way for these special shows. im still on a high. but im sure i will be feeling the depression in a few hours...

more to post VERY SOON (like probably tomorrow and monday Smile). thanks for reading all! see you all next char mar tour.
leirali

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of Lauren's photos from the Highline. It sure was dark in there. But it was a great space, and everything sounded damn good.

I am in the process of uploading videos and here are the first two songs of the set: Cut the Cord and Parade On.

All of my videos came out like shit because the camera couldn't handle the low light, and also because I was having some trouble keeping the camera pointed at the stage in some moments, and there was the occasional staff member blocking the camera. But I did manage to get the entire set, and that's something, right? We can use our ears to hear the musics. I am willing.

This was a very special show for me because as I mentioned in this post, I had a friend in need that I was not able to help out all by myself. It came to many generous Char fans to help her, and came to the rescue they did. And even though I want to thank you all personally, I want to say a special group thank you right here.

Here it is: THANK YOU.

You guys all rock me something fierce, and I thank you from every corner of my bleeding heart. Believe me, your kindness is not forgotten.

Okay, now that I got the mushy stuff out of the way . . .

Charlotte was adorable in New York. Her stories and smiles are always a pleasure. My favorite highlights of the evening were when she opened "Galaxies" with the "Parade On" intro (with slightly different lyrics). It was great to hear "Sluts & Bitches" again. (Oh, that was a fun sentence!) "Sweet Things" into "Steel" (and then back into "Sweet Things" again, I believe) was genius. Char stating that she wanted to grow a penis to cover Interpol, and now had to grow two in order to play "Obstacle 1" acoustic. Charlotte messing up in "Under the Gravel Skies" and cracking herself up. Char's reaction to the audience member who asked "Monsta?" right before she played "Monster." Getting to hear "Tremble" again and getting it stuck in my head on the way home (which it was totally welcome to do.) Char closing the piano lid after finishing "Redeemed." She began the mad fast acoustic tour with it, and ended it with it.
Danielle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone!

My videos from the show (as well as a few from Philly) can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/dmastripolito
leirali

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle wrote:
Hey everyone!

Hello Danielle! Welcome to the board! I noticed your videos last night as I was uploading mine and they are BEAUTIFUL. What kind of camera do you use? It handled really well. Much better than mine! (Now I shouldn't bother uploading the rest of my crappy ones. But I still will, because I'm a completist.)

Your video of Tremble is especially gorgeous. Is that when they had the pretty green light on her?

Love your videos. Thank you for sharing. Smile
Danielle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks leirali! I saw your videos as well, they are great too, the sound is really nice. I use a Canon PowerShot A720IS. Not the best sound quality, but it takes some nice videos!
veritaserum

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh god, lauren's photos are amazing Shocked

thanks for all the videos everyone ... it's make the pain of not seeing any of the shows this tour a little more bearable Laughing
BlueMidnight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle wrote:

These videos are gorgeous!!

What a beautiful show. So sad I had to miss it.

And so sad it's all over. How did it go so fast? Thanks everyone for being so amazing and posting and sharing. Char fans are the greatest!
kcd304

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the setlist/reviews/videos!! I am so sad I didn't get to go but it sounds like it was great!! Monster and Redeemed are two of my favorite songs. Looking forward to the next tour, whenever that may be! Smile
leirali

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle wrote:
Thanks leirali! I saw your videos as well, they are great too, the sound is really nice. I use a Canon PowerShot A720IS. Not the best sound quality, but it takes some nice videos!

I use a Canon G9. I realized much too late that I had somehow had a turned on a setting (accidentally) that makes them dark -- I'm not sure why anyone would ever use such a feature! There were points during the show that my LCD screen was totally black and I didn't even know if I had it pointed at Char... I kept rolling to get the audio, though. I am still learning! Char needs to come back soon so I can practice some more. Smile

beauty queen wrote:
oh god, lauren's photos are amazing Shocked

thanks for all the videos everyone ... it's make the pain of not seeing any of the shows this tour a little more bearable Laughing

Yes - they are! I am bugging her to make a concert photo page on her website so everyone can partake in the goodness.

I hope an audio recording of the show -- of all them, really -- turn up. Audio can be ripped from the videos, but they don't really complete they show, plus the sound is kind of crappy. (Better than nothing, though, I suppose!)

BlueMidnight wrote:
And so sad it's all over. How did it go so fast?

It was the mad fast acoustic tour! Wink

I forgot to mention in my earlier review post among the highlights: Char's additional lyrics in The Stalker Song. Notably when she sings, "I can't believe that I got married."
jules101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where am i? what day is it? that's usually me on tour by the end...thank goodness the mad fast acoustic tour ended in NYC. Smile

the highline ballroom is a gorgeous venue. with, like, insanely beautiful lighting. it was almost overwhelming. the venue was pretty darn full (and its a big room) which was great to see. charlotte was wonderful. so many familiar faces and lots of new ones...all excited to get together to see char mar. she shined brightly...and here are some pics!

char mar at the highline....bathed in blue.

gorgeous venue. amazing lighting...they know how to use a disco ball!

char mar story time. love Smile

she's only stalked a couple guys...ken (probation officer! Smile) lower left. Very Happy

char mar in lights...

<3

a really amazing show to end the tour. the meet and greet line was long, i think it may have even overwhelmed the staff at the ballroom. haha. i wish i got a chance to say goodbye to fans/friends but the venue had another show after char's. still a wonderful char mar show. and a very special tour by char.

ive got more media to share. but for now, here are some pics.

im trying to make it last. Smile

thank you to lisa, ken for doing great sound, ronen for being too darn cute, and of course char for bringing her all each nite, every nite.

thanks to tim my tour buddy! i had a blast (those pics will be on my facebook / myspace haha...) and to alllllll the fans i got to say hi to. miss you all. no joke.

i loved this tour.

more photos and updates on darkest-limits.com

but please continue with this thread...there is more to talk about. Wink
veritaserum

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, awesome pics jules! the lighting is really cool. i am not much a picture taker during shows but the review posts always make me want to, lol.
Jessie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lighting is awesome.
BillEBee221962

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much more I can add to all that's been said already. Just simply had a great time, and the show was fantastic!

A quick hello to Leirali, Lauren, Jen, Jules, Katie, Marco, and of course Char. Was so great seeing everyone. So much fun. -)

All the pictures, video's, and reviews and such are all so amazing. Nice capture of a magical time.

With all the video's up already, I wasn't going to upload mine, but have anyway for easy linking elsewhere. So, if anyone wants a look....

http://www.youtube.com/billebee221962

Thanks again everyone! Can't wait to do it again. Smile
leirali

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lauren's photos from New York are up now. The thumbnails don't work correctly at the moment, so for now just scroll through with the arrow button to see them! Smile

BillEBee221962 wrote:

A quick hello to Leirali, Lauren, Jen, Jules, Katie, Marco, and of course Char. Was so great seeing everyone. So much fun. -)

Hi. Smile

Last edited by leirali on Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
BillEBee221962

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leirali wrote:
Lauren's photos from New York are up now. The thumbnails don't work right correctly at the moment, so for now just scroll through with the arrow button to see them! Smile

BillEBee221962 wrote:

Hi. Smile

Wow! Lauren took some stunning photo's. Smile
FrogOnMyToe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah. i knew she came away with amazing shots, and kick myself for not bringing my camera Sad but thanks lauren! lovely shots!!!!!
share your char photos on flickr!! http://www.flickr.com/groups/charlottemartin/pool/
jules101

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was a reallly powerful set...'obstacle 1' sounded great acoustic. what is about charlotte playing the low end of the piano? i mean, 'under the gravel skies' is another for instance. so amazing. so glad 'sweet things' made an appearance and then mashed around with 'steel'...the mash ups were fabulous. all of them worked.

so good to see soooo many fabulous familiar faces...big hi to you all...pretty much everyone that posted in this thread. lol
jules101

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leirali wrote:
Lauren's photos from New York are up now. The thumbnails don't work correctly at the moment, so for now just scroll through with the arrow button to see them! Smile

lauren's photos are beautiful! wow. yeah. stealing her camera. Wink

BillEBee221962 wrote:

Hi. Smile[/quote]

hi bill! as always, thanks for the change! x Very Happy
BillEBee221962

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jules101 wrote:
leirali wrote:

lauren's photos are beautiful! wow. yeah. stealing her camera. Wink

BillEBee221962 wrote:

Hi. Smile

hi bill! as always, thanks for the change! x Very Happy[/quote]

Bank of Bill! Maybe I can apply for some bail out money and make all of Char's show's next go around. LOL
Eyesore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the videos I recorded. Like someone mentioned, the lighting was very dark. For some reason, my digital camera picked up hardly any light at all; it was basically black. Yet with my $50 Flip Video Recorder, it picked up way more light. And from across the room! Weird. With only a 2x zoon, though, the video quality is weak. But the sound quality is great.

Wish I'd recorded "Cut the Cord." The mid-section of that one...just WOW!

Anyway, here they are:

EVERY TIME IT RAINS
MONSTER
THE DANCE

Really great show. Too bad it was so short.

http://www.eyesoretimes.com
freefall

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, lovely photos Jules, and thanks to everyone for sharing their videos!
jules101

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hola!

here is... 'four walls'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJQXL95ginc

it's the 'veins' version. love it. always. Smile
more to come from NYC. ha!
jules101

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'sweet things' & 'steel'...amazing mash up by char mar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVIvzikaELM

loved this so much. Smile
jules101

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my last 2 videos all loaded up!

'tremble'...new char song...and probably one of my new favorites by char. it's beautiful... as is the lighting at the highline. Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YdHyglOxY0

'the dance' ...i love the way she played this full on acoustic on this tour. even more powerful...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9U9CQeHlhs

thanks, gang. enjoy! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Charlotte Martin Live All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: