Charlotte Martin Forum Index Charlotte Martin
Charlotte Martin Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setlist/Reviews/Photos for 9/30/09 - World Cafe Live, Philly
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Charlotte Martin Live
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Chi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Setlist/Reviews/Photos for 9/30/09 - World Cafe Live, Philly Reply with quote

Via me and Jules:

Redeemed
Cut the Cord
This Woman's Work(ish)/Galaxies
A Little Respect/On Your Shore
Volcano
Under the Gravel Skies
Darkest Hour
Swing Low, Sweet Chariot/Sweet Chariot
Stalker Song
The Dance
Tremble
Beautiful Life
Dangled
Stromata
Step Back
Just Like Heaven

...my quiet's not gentle...
veritaserum

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeeeeeee! how were the new songs (volcano and tremble)?! and a little respect as in an erasure cover?

redeemed as an opener is pretty interesting ... i think i like it! can't wait for reviews/pics/possible recording (?!). Bounce

thanks for posting the setlist so speedily! Laughing
Briel79

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so jealous of everyone who is going to these shows. Argh.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such an awesome show. My first show outside of Chicago and my first in almost two years. The entire show was amazing. She totally went off during 'Cord' (video from Jules to follow) and took my breath away with the 'Swing Low..' and 'Sweet Chariot' combo. But again, the entire show was awesome with great songs and sweet moments.

SkekTek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was an awesome concert. I got a bunch of pics/video I will be posting laterz. I don't care if she messed up Step Back- It made my night. Plus I gots my Piano Trees and Rarities 0.6! Thanks Jules, Marco, and the rest of the center table for keeping Trish and I company.

And oh lord is Ronin getting BIG!

EDIT: Here's the photobucket folder with some nice pictures. Hopefully some are ok.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tim Chi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beauty queen wrote:
eeeeeeee! how were the new songs (volcano and tremble)?! and a little respect as in an erasure cover?

redeemed as an opener is pretty interesting ... i think i like it! can't wait for reviews/pics/possible recording (?!). Bounce

thanks for posting the setlist so speedily! Laughing

The new songs were awesome. The acoustic version, according to Charlotte, of 'Volcano' is different than the album version. 'Tremble' is a sweet song that Charlotte said is about Ken, but added that it could be about any type of relationship when there is a wow moment (I'm paraphrasing). Both were great!

'Dangled' was also great. It's on the new rarities CD.

And yes, as in Erasure cover. Smile

veritaserum

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome! i'm really excited to hear tremble now.

the pics are great too - i love char's dress.
Anticubital

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, he is getting big, and so cute! What an amazing show last night. Smile

jules101
Street/E-team Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been trying to post on the board all dayy...hope this works. char mar does it again in philly. what an outstanding show. there was an emotional intensity to this show that i dont recall hearing before. definitely something char wanted to get out and i think the audience was totally feeling it.

-the new songs sounded AMAZING in their acoustic version.
-cut the cord blew many people away...she did it a bit different than the version on the tour rehearsal page...wayyy intense. lots of just belting.
-she did 'the dance'! with the crowd joining in on an impromptu percussion.
-a little respect into on your shore was AWESOME. it sounded like it was made to start that way.
-swing low sweet chariot into sweet chariot was INTENSE. she did that operatic intro thing which was mindblowing.

she was just on this evening. she had fun. she tried new versions of familar songs...i almost didnt recognize the intro to some of those songs b/c she switched it up! it was great.

so great to see so many familiar faces and meet new people...thanks tim (my tour buddy), marco, noah, carole, jerry, trish, alison, jenna and lauren, sooooo many people that come back constantly to see char mar. its great.

this is just the first show of this tour and char mar ...so intense and amazing. makes you feel alive.

so alive that its 2:38AM and im still up and wired! must go to bed. will post pics maybe tomorrow. i took lots. and video. i tried the audio but the batteries crapped out ugh! long story epic fail on that. but i have the other things. :
AntiSaint

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.williams-ryan.com/char/charlottewcl.mp3

"Somebody" was cheering awfully loud right in the beginning, so sorry about not removing that or doing any of the fancy fades. It's my hope that someone has better audio as well.

Also since I'm hosting this file at my site, it won't be up too long, but here's one of the things that made this show AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME for those who couldn't make it. Seriously one of the best shows, IMO. I too fell in love with her with just a piano, so this was like a dream, and the set was just.. perfect!

This was the first show, right? Damn. If this is the first show then you guys going to the rest are in for quite a time!
leirali

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never know what to say in these threads. So I'll just say that I took some videos and here is "Redeemed." More to come, even though my angle wasn't great (videos of Char's back, yay!) and the World Cafe was not lit as well as it usually is.

SkekTek

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I got up my video recording of Step Back.

I was waiting and waiting. Then the encore... YAY! So here you go. Sorry, stupid camera has a bit of high hiss and I couldn't keep my darned mouth shut at the end.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
veritaserum

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

antisaint, that recording of sweet chariot is perfect! thank you for sharing. it's incredible.

there's a video on youtube of tremble but it cuts off halfway through ... but from what i heard, i think it sounds great. i hope there's a full video/audio of it out there ... and volcano too. Wink

thanks for all the pics/vids/audio so far everyone. Heart
jules101
Street/E-team Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks so much for that audio of 'sweet chariot', ryan! so glad you got it.

im in a hotel that is awesome but does not have internet in the room so...i will hopefully be able to post some pics somehow tonight?

thanks to everyone for sharing the vids, audio and pics! it was so great to see everyone....i loved it. and i loved that it's all for char mar!

in vienna now, cannot wait for the show! Cool
SkekTek

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update- I'm putting youtube videos up from my video snippets. I'll try to make a compilation of the html links once I'm done, but just search for "yigzat" and my stuff will pop up. Nice thing about having a username that isn't a real word but something made up. Just did Step Back, Cut the Cord, and Darkest Hour. Trying to edit some of them before uploading (eliminate various embarrassing yellings, and a kick ass version of Stromata that starts with Ronin coming out- he's absolutely adorable but I have a strong respect for a family's privacy).

-Jerry
wintered

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been checking the videos already on youtube and I must say... The Dance? Goosebumps! That song, that version, it just made my heart race. Check it out when you can
ninja

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the show was one of the best (char) and worst (crowds) that i've ever seen.

in terms of the set list -- it reminded me of the old 2003-2005 shows where she'd throw in cover songs a lot (how much do i love "a little respect"? so much) and her voice was ON.

"cut the cord," "sweet chariot" and "darkest hour" were particularly intense.

but i have to beg:

please please please people! chill the f out and keep the back talking to charlotte to a minimum.

obviously she LOVES an appreciative audience and part of the fun of a char show is how intimate it is and how much she involves the crowd, but C'MON PEOPLE. you're not sharing a bag of cheetos with the woman in your living room while watching wheel of fortune! it's not all about you and don't need to put your two cents in any time char opens her mouth.

can't wait to see what else she pulls out on this tour -- last night was amazing.

xn
torigrrl22

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree last night was amazing!!!! I warned those around me that my tears would be a flowing and they were...for over half the show. Smile

I LOVED that she started the show with Redeemed.

my other favs were Galaxies Smile
Tremble
Beautiful Life
Step Back (I don't care that she messed up I thought it sounded great even with the improve she added in there Smile )

I agree about the crowd part...or just a certain person in the crowd...there was only one from what I could tell that had a problem acting right.

Ronen is getting big and he is so adorable!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
january boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninja wrote:
the show was one of the best (char) and worst (crowds) that i've ever seen.

in terms of the set list -- it reminded me of the old 2003-2005 shows where she'd throw in cover songs a lot (how much do i love "a little respect"? so much) and her voice was ON.

"cut the cord," "sweet chariot" and "darkest hour" were particularly intense.

but i have to beg:

please please please people! chill the f out and keep the back talking to charlotte to a minimum.

obviously she LOVES an appreciative audience and part of the fun of a char show is how intimate it is and how much she involves the crowd, but C'MON PEOPLE. you're not sharing a bag of cheetos with the woman in your living room while watching wheel of fortune! it's not all about you and don't need to put your two cents in any time char opens her mouth.

can't wait to see what else she pulls out on this tour -- last night was amazing.

xn

I'm curious. What were some of these people saying? Your description reminds me of how some people scream "I LOVE YOU TORI!" every time she talks to the crowd between songs.

- Charlotte Martin on the first night I met her.
Jessie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving all the videos! Thank you tapers! Smile

Love her dress/top thing, so pretty.

Ugh, always best to ignore the annoying concert goers, there are always a couple.

^^ Parts of Tori crowds can be unbearable, but it's well worth it. Strong personalities bring strong personalities I guess. I'm listening to a boot right now with screams between songs. Evil or Very Mad Those people are MANIC!
AntiSaint

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tremble.

IF YOU'RE GOING TO ONE OF THESE SHOWS -- DON"T LISTEN!! This is such a wonderful song and it should be heard live first if you can help it. Go to your show and hear it there, it's just lovely. Smile
veritaserum

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. wow.

tremble is fantastic.

thank you so much for recording/sharing it.

just ... wow.
FrogOnMyToe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strongly seconding ninja's post. a little talking back is fine, but it doesn't need to be constant and we don't need to go into details of her sex life for fucks sake.

though I expect part of one "talkers" reason was the same reason she fell out of her chair and almost on top of me, and couldn't get off the floor - few too many drinks perhaps? and yeah I realize she'll probably read this, though I don't know who she was.

otherwise, AMAZING show!!! still working on my pics, will get them up eventually.
share your char photos on flickr!! http://www.flickr.com/groups/charlottemartin/pool/
torigrrl22

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrogOnMyToe wrote:
strongly seconding ninja's post. a little talking back is fine, but it doesn't need to be constant and we don't need to go into details of her sex life for fucks sake.

though I expect part of one "talkers" reason was the same reason she fell out of her chair and almost on top of me, and couldn't get off the floor - few too many drinks perhaps? and yeah I realize she'll probably read this, though I don't know who she was.

otherwise, AMAZING show!!! still working on my pics, will get them up eventually.

Does anyone know who she was? She seemed to know a lot about Charlotte to be just some random drunk that stumbled in..I have witnessed a couple of these kinds at certain Char shows.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SkekTek

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

torigrrl22 wrote:
FrogOnMyToe wrote:

Does anyone know who she was? She seemed to know a lot about Charlotte to be just some random drunk that stumbled in..I have witnessed a couple of these kinds at certain Char shows.

I talked with her after the show- she was extremely embarrassed. Apparently medications + martinis = mental meltdown. That doesn't help everyone else who went, though. That person is a real fan, just exhibited some real bad judgment that night.

It still was an amazing concert.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Charlotte Martin Live All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: