Charlotte Martin Forum Index Charlotte Martin
Charlotte Martin Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NaNoWriMo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Word Trees and Other Creative Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leirali

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: NaNoWriMo Reply with quote

Will anyone be participating in NaNoWriMo [National Novel Writing Month] this November? Just a few short weeks till this year's competition kicks off...

This year will be my fourth attempt, but I've only "won" once. For those of you that do not know about it, the idea is to write a novel consisting of 50,000 words in the span of 30 days.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Eyesore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking about giving it a shot this year. 50,000 words is a piece of cake. 50,000 coherent words is entirely different. Haha.

http://www.eyesoretimes.com
leirali

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should give it a shot - you might be surprised by the outcome. There's nothing to lose! Except for you know, sleep, and probably a little sanity. But writers don't need those things anyway. Wink

aoj

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a little late for contributing to this thread, but I thought I'd mention a great application for Mac users called Scrivener. It was created by an aspiring novelist to reflect what he wanted in a piece of writing software. His labor contains many interesting features missing from a typical word processor, with much less bloat. I don't feel like going into it, but he's got a video you can watch.

An alternative would be StoryMill, which is also pretty good but aimed specifically at fiction / non-fiction works. Scrivener is more open-ended and is generally more well-received.

For a more bare-bones distraction free writing application, check out WriteRoom. I'm pretty fond of this one for just opening something up and writing.

Not sure about Windows-based programs, as they don't really concern me. There's a WriteRoom clone called DarkRoom, and on Scrivener's web page, Keith suggests Windows users give PageFour a go. Why not?

Smile
leirali

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of a long shot, but . . . is anyone doing NaNo this year? I refuse to believe I'm the only Char fan who participates! Smile It's not too late to sign up!

And by the by, "Piano Trees" is excellent to write to. Smile
SYNERGY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Nao? It sounds fasciting and I would love to see what you guys can do. What a talented community.
leirali

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what Nao is, but NaNo is short for NaNoWriMo. And NaNoWriMo is short for National Novel Writing Month. But I mentioned that earlier in the thread. In the first post, actually, along with a brief explanation and a link to their website. Feel free to scroll up and read it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Word Trees and Other Creative Projects All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: