Charlotte Martin Forum Index Charlotte Martin
Charlotte Martin Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rough Draft of a Short Story (Part One)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Word Trees and Other Creative Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eyesore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Rough Draft of a Short Story (Part One) Reply with quote

I've given up on the music career. I decided this a while back. After not recording anything for two years—except the theme song for my Hallween character in 2006 (and that was a joke song)—I figured it was time to give it up. Plus I haven't even touched my guitar but once in that time. Anyway, outside of music, I've always wanted to write. And I've been most successful at that. So I'm going full steam ahead with it.

I've got a full-blown novel in the works, but before I really get into I'm trying my hand at microfiction (500 words or less) and short stories. I've submitted two short shorts (microfiction). One was rejected. Batting .500 so far. Laughing I'm in the middle of four short stories right now, too. Below is a rough draft of part one of the story most complete. Like I said, it's a rough draft so there's most likely some grammar/spelling errors and overblown passages that I haven't caught yet; but I think it's pretty solid as is. It'll end up being something of a supernatural horror tale when it's done.

Since this is over 2,000 words long, I'll assume none of you will read it. So let it be known that I'll be blowing off nearly all opinions. Laughing

EDIT: Removed the story. It went from 2,000 words to currently just under 11,000. Things changed. Haha. Doubt anyone read it anyway. Wink

http://www.eyesoretimes.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Word Trees and Other Creative Projects All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: