Charlotte Martin Forum Index Charlotte Martin
Charlotte Martin Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just got new dvd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Official Something Like a DVD News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
torisspacedog

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Just got new dvd Reply with quote

Well I just sat through and watched the dvd with the audio commentary.It was way cool listening to Char and Erin chit chat I feel like I know both of you a little bit better. So thanks for that. Char Your a beautiful person inside and out. Not to mention an incrediable musician.
And Erin you are just as gifted with a camera, The artwork on the cover is so cool I really think it would make a great poster. Please. Very Happy The 8 new songs are great. I gotta fly your song Step Back just started playing This song Is so fantastic. I could keep babbling but Iv'e got to go.
Well I dont know if char reads this board or not but I know Erin dose So Erin send char my love both of you keep up the good work and come back to Mpls soon. seeya ML
Peter Newturkey

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it really is crazy how much charlotte and erin sound alike. at certain points i wasn't sure who was talking. but yeah, i agree with what you said, after hearing the commentary i feel like i understand more of who charlotte is, what she's about as a musician and a person. it was very conversational, informal... i liked it. and charlotte was so funny at the end, erin goes "okay, it's time to say goodbye," and charlotte goes "no wait i don't want to say goodbye!"

the stromata video looks like it was tweaked a little, the colors were a little more distinct. or maybe that's just because of the difference of seeing it on DVD verses a file on my computer.
torisspacedog

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: the video Reply with quote

Yeah I was think ing the same thing about the video I think your right about it being a DVD over a file . The commentary was great though. also ty for replying its sortof a first to a post I've made. seeya ML
jules101
Street/E-team Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love the DVD too, mark! i think there should be commentary on any and all dvds char decides to put out...it's just fun to hear what she thinks and the 'behind the scenes' stuff that creates a moment. Smile
jules101

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Newturkey wrote:

the stromata video looks like it was tweaked a little, the colors were a little more distinct. or maybe that's just because of the difference of seeing it on DVD verses a file on my computer.

yeah, i think it's because the quality is BETTER on a DVD, like full quality and not something streaming and/or compressed. Smile
GeneralJoy

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in love with the Stromata vid again. It's so much better when you can watch it on full screen. I just realized that there are lights which shine in time with the music during the bridge Laughing .

Did she say that she wants to film a DVD for Stromata some time and Erin said "eventually"? I didn't really get that part. But we NEED a DVD with the Stromata songs and Fern on drums!

And I so want a poster of the DVD cover, too. Erin's work is incredible.
walterBeOne

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: DVD Reply with quote

Awesome DVD... great improvements... love the commentary feature... erin and char really do sound alike... didn't really realize that until now... darn I miss you two (and Lisa -- hi lisa)... it's not fair... I like spending a week every few months following you guys around the east coast... big party time the next time you're out here ... going to bring all my friends that I've turned on to Charlotte...

You're the best...

xoxoxoxo

PS: oh, almost forgot... I've organized a folk festival where I live... next year maybe Char can come to it... check it out: www.pottsvillecity.com/folk
jules101

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i watched the dvd again last nite...i still LOVE the commentary. it's fun, funny, informative and just gives the entire DVD a background and a new life all at once. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Official Something Like a DVD News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: