Charlotte Martin Forum Index Charlotte Martin
Charlotte Martin Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Views of Sexuality in Our Culture - Critique and Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Word Trees and Other Creative Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
backpacker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Views of Sexuality in Our Culture - Critique and Discussion Reply with quote

Click here to view an large version of the poster

I need some feedback from people on the topic of sexual prefence and discrimination, especially those that face discrimination on your sexuality or views thereof. The piece to the right is a project for my photo communications class. We had to pick a word (mine is "transmutation"), create a photo, then select a topic that relates to the word in the form of a public service announcement, advertisement, or event. I choose the topic of discrimination against homosexuals for many reasons, primarily because I know a few friends that are having problems living normal lives. It is also a major social issue that needs to be addressed fairly and openmindedly by everyone.

The problem I am facing is the viewpoints of homosexuality in our culture. I have asked many people about this topic in general, and I have found very different opinions and interpretations. I am hoping that people can give me their honest opinion both on the poster as well as their opinions in general.

I expect many different viewpoints because homosexuality is such a complex social issue. Please be honest, and be respectful of others' comments.

(This project is not affiliated with the ILGA or other organizations. Use of logos and other trademarks are for non-production work only.)

personal: www.gleuch.com
Eyesore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you asking exactly? Your question is very ambiguous.

http://www.eyesoretimes.com
backpacker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viewpoints and/or experiences of the subject matter, relations to the poster, but more specfically, general thoughts on the subject.

personal: www.gleuch.com
freefall

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over here, homosexuality is a very hush-hush subject, and it's not officially recognized by the government or any religious bodies (they just sort of pretend it doesn't exist). So I wouldn't know what to say, because I've never met anyone who claimed to be so, even if I've seen a few.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Word Trees and Other Creative Projects All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: