Charlotte Martin Forum Index Charlotte Martin
Charlotte Martin Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

one afternoon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Word Trees and Other Creative Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chosenfool

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: one afternoon Reply with quote

why does it never affect me in the best way?
cant i have just the part where the edge doesnt cut me or serrate my soul?
always it seems to come at me, piercing my breath out of my body when it hits.
and it never lodges free, my heart trussed into its pointedness.

its a splinter i cant be rid off that i dont want to be rid off, its hopelessness and beauty im destined to marvel and want.
i leave it in there so i can make it last longer, though it seems fruitless.
i take it out only to feel empty and yet longing again.

time moves on as my mind moves forward, but im always harkening back to your memory.
my demons play tricks on me, making my vision clouded, making me see things that are not there.
at times i have resolved that i have gone witless and crazed, absent of all senses, lost of all control.
though i know it is mere fleeting, i come back to what is Now and Here, and i am left composed, and my space utterly silent.
dreaming again.

where are you? why am i not with you? why do i not hold you close?
musings my demons teased and sang to my heart one afternoon. . . .
alloy_smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Word Trees and Other Creative Projects All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: