Charlotte Martin Forum Index Charlotte Martin
Charlotte Martin Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

robyn!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Other Artists and General Off-topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jules101
Street/E-team Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: robyn! Reply with quote

i cannot believe there's not a topic for ROBYN. Cool this swedish dance pop artist has been around for a long time...i actually bought her CD 'robyn' when it came out a few years ago. then she didnt release anything...then in 2010, she released 3 albums, the 'body talk' trilogy. some of the best electro pop music ive ever heard. "dancing on my own." "indestructible." "hang with me." all. so. good. the music is so...alive. anyway. i got to see her at webster hall last year and ive never seen so many people dancing and jumping. her shows are pure energy. it was a sweaty great time. and this past saturday, i saw her sell out radio city music hall to a loving, dancing, singing-along crowd. again, the energy level was off the charts. it was so much fun.

music that has an energy is what it's about for me...char's music has this energy im talking about...there's life to the songs. i would say that robyn's music has this energy too. i defy you not to move and dance at her shows!

any robyn fans here? Very Happy

Lizzieness0315

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!!

Love Robyn Smile

I bought the "Robyn" album back in 2008 and was blown away. I heard a rumor she will release something new in 2011!!

Crossing my fingers that she does - it will be on my list!
jules101

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay lizzieness! Smile thanks for responding. she's just pure energy. a whole new appreciation for her. the body talk albums sealed it.

is she releasing new stuff in 2011?? if so, i cannot wait. something to look forward to indeed.

thanks.
adammlee23

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God I am still sore from all the dancing we did last night at the Robyn concert in Minneapolis - LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT and was the most fun I have ever had at any concert.
Seeing her live has definitely made me a fan now.
Lizzieness0315

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a suggestion for those who like Robyn - there is another really awesome Swedish artist in the Dance/House gendre that is really catchy - -September!! (a.k.a. Petra Murklund)

I think she only has one US release, but the songs get stuck in my head. Anyway...thought it was worth mentioning Smile
adammlee23

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got around to downloading all of her albums since last weekend's concert and saw that she has acoustic versions of some of her songs (Hang With Me, Indestructible,With Every Heartbeat, Be Mine, Bum Like You). Listening to the acoustic version of Hang With Me right now ~ this makes me love her even more now!
I would love for her to do an acoustic version of Dancing On My Own - love it, love it, LOVE IT!!
jules101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lizzieness0315 wrote:
Just a suggestion for those who like Robyn - there is another really awesome Swedish artist in the Dance/House gendre that is really catchy - -September!! (a.k.a. Petra Murklund)

I think she only has one US release, but the songs get stuck in my head. Anyway...thought it was worth mentioning Smile

thanks lizzie!! i will check out September...i love the dance electro pop stuff...cannot wait for a new robyn record as well. thanks!!
jules101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adammlee23 wrote:
Oh my God I am still sore from all the dancing we did last night at the Robyn concert in Minneapolis - LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT and was the most fun I have ever had at any concert.
Seeing her live has definitely made me a fan now.

the energy from this woman...she doesnt stop! constant flow and movement. her shows are so fun. she always needs to play GA type shows...you gotta get up and dance! Bounce
mikegray

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robyn cancelled on me tonight in Manchester. Sad
Lizzieness0315

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She should have won that Grammy. La Roux are good, but "Dancing On My Own" was a far superior track, in my humble opinion...
Lizzieness0315

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard rumor about a new album in the last quarter of the year - could be totally wrong...hope it happens though!! Smile
jules101

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ ohhhh! i hope so too. i hope she does some more shows that dont involve katy perry.
Lizzieness0315

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm..should I admit that I think Katy Perry sings worse than Britany Spears? Yet - I own both her albums? The songs are ok...she always sounds stuffed up though!

Hopefully, the new Robyn album will come out this year. If not - it better be in 2012!
jules101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lizzieness, cannot wait for a new album. on your suggestion, i got september's latest album (i guess she released a new one and the store i was at actually had that one!)...listening to it as i type. i miss robyn's sound...a little darker electro, there's more to robyn's voice but im gonna listen through this september album. Smile
Peter Newturkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the same Robyn from the 90's right?

I don't know any of her new stuff, but I of course love "Show Me Love" and "Do You Know (What It Takes)." Classics. I wonder if she still plays those live?
Lizzieness0315

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jules!!

Which album did you get?! I have the latest called "Love CPR". I really love some of those songs - granted not quite Robyn, but something to hold you over, hopefully!

(so glad to read that news - love the songs on her greatest hits too - love how "Midnight Heartache" samples "Bette Davis Eyes"!!!!) Smile

Robyn really has evolved since the 90's.

I love the "Body Talk" albums, but the one before that - "Robyn" - Great place to start! There are some awesome tracks on that one!!! - "Be Mine!" and "With Every Heartbeat".
jules101

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter, yes same robyn...but BETTER new stuff, imo. she does still play 'be mine' and 'show me love' in shows...and 'with every heartbeat' is a show stopper. she is AMAZING live. 'body talk' is one of my favorite albums from 2010.

lizzie!! Smile

yesssss. i bought 'love cpr' by september. i was in a cd store and thought i'd check to see if they had her and they did. it's not really as great as robyn's stuff but it's still good. very catchy. good beat. i have to see about getting some of her other songs. thanks again for recommendation!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Other Artists and General Off-topic Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: