Charlotte Martin Forum Index Charlotte Martin
Charlotte Martin Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite Lyrics from Dancing on Needles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Official Dancing on Needles News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter Newturkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Favorite Lyrics from Dancing on Needles Reply with quote

What are all of your favorite lyrics from Dancing on Needles? I think Charlotte has once again grown as a writer on this album... she has come a long way since OYS! Here are some that have stuck out to me since I got the album:

Is this what I cause to happen every time I let you back in?

I try to feel my way through the dark, [but] instincts don't help a lonely animal.

Thought I was methodical with my grip gloves.

We are letters and words in the language of God, and how his heart must burn every time we're lost.

No more smiling, I am finished with that role of playing happy... I have to let this blow.

I can't remain calm inside a tornado.

I'm not sorry for this complication... I'm sticking with you.
loveburns

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are letters and words in the language of God, and how his heart must burn every time we're lost.

such a great line
veritaserum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all of truth cerium but especially

ceramic - your version of the truth / so charasmatic / swallow but can't chew / and i choose to pretend that i cannot feel at all

language of god is another class all by itself. i think LOG, animal, and tremble are probably the best songs she has written post-stromata.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Charlotte Martin Forum Index -> Official Dancing on Needles News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: